Thursday, June 14, 2012

The summer reading program!

The Summer Reading Program at my library started yesterday, and i had so much fun! If you don't know what the reading program is, I'll give you a brief explanation:

We meet up every Wednesday from 2-4 p.m. for 6 weeks for a program, at the programs we usually do crafts or play a game or something. It's different every time which makes it more fun! This week we made little things that are like Christmas wreaths, but we decorated them to look like monsters, to match the theme, which is own the night. Mine's very weird looking, but i had fun making it XD

We also have a reading goal, and after we read a certain amount of books, we get a prize! (Prizes for something i would be doing anyway? heck yes!) And at the last program, we have a drawing for a grand prize. The Friday before the last program, we have a lock-in, where we spend the night in the library! That may sound weird, but lock-ins are so fun, I promise!!!

The SRP last year kinda changed my life haha :) so it's special to me.

Also, minor update, i now own every Harry Potter book, the hardcovers! :D

Have you been to a Summer Reading Program? Tell me! And tell me your favorite moment that ever happened at the library. I know what mine is, but it doesn't have much to do with the reading program ;)

6 comments:

  1. That sounds so cool! My library does a reading program too, we do arts and crafts. It's loads of fun.
    New follower :)

    -Daniela @ YA Book Season
    http://www.yabookseasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks so much for following :) I'll follow yours!

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome! My Library has a summer reading program the age group I am in theme\title this year is Own The Night. I am not really sure if they do thinks the bigger library is a lil bit a ways. Love your blog p.s. Old follower.
    my blog:
    Gabbyreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes very informative post. It is really help full for us.
    Supplier in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am complete activate of films and you admission accumulated complete nice and advantageous admonition with us.
    Rinoplasti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such useful information. The information provided is very very niche and this information is not available so easily.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete